The news of a newborn arriving in a family is an exciting one and it definitely brings smiles and cheers along with it. This new life must be celebrated, by giving the baby a warm welcome, introducing relatives and friends.
Image Source: DesignerPhoto
The Baby, The Parents, Friends and Family.
Everyone has their unique ways and plans for celebrating the arrival of the newborn. Here are a few things you can do:
- Throwing a party to introduce the new baby to friends and family tops the thoughts of any new parents. The good purpose is to get blessings for the new bundle of joy from all the near and dear ones. Though the scheme of things would vary with the budget it is suggested to keep the affair simple, as the guests would like to enjoy the baby’s “oohs” and “awws”. An opportunity to wish the parents and bless the newborn over some snack should be the idea.
Good News! Now you can Avail Home Vaccination Sevices for babies
In India, some Hindus celebrate ‘annaprashan’, the first time the baby is given food. This is either celebrated inside the house with or a temple and is celebrated on a day chosen by a priest that is deemed the most blessed for the baby by a temple priest.
- Though the celebrations and customs around the arrival of the baby are mostly culture-specific, no one would dislike the idea of planting a tree in baby’s honour – something living and witness the baby outgrowing the pampers and swings. A plaque with the baby’s name and birthday could be additional and would be a delight for the family and friends to watch the tree grow along with the baby.
- Throw a Baby Shower. Although this is done before the baby actually arrives, it is a good idea for the expectant parents to host a party to take blessings for the child. A theme party could be a memorable experience for the parents as well as the guests. Besides giving wishes and blessings for the new baby, family and friends might also bring gifts for the infant. Also, it would not be a bad idea to engage the guests in some fun activities.
Gift ideas for the little one and the new parents:
Gifts accompany any celebration around the world. The market is flooded with loads of gifts for the newborn baby to really rack the brain on deciding which ones to take and which not.
- Personalized message boards could be a cherished memory for both the parents and the baby when she/he grows up.
Must read – Baby health and skincare tips
The customized cake would be a good surprise.
Parenting scrapbook with loads of parenting tips would come handy for the parents when they would supposedly need to spend sleepless nights for the baby.
- Decorating the babies room- new curtains, a cradle, etc
- Baby book to mark all the important events of the babies life
- Creating an email id is the new in-thing, book the baby a good user name!!
Thank-You Notes for the Guests and for the Gifts:
It would be a good idea to thank the guests, who took out time to attend the party with some memorable favours. It is important to show your gratitude and ensure that their presence and gifts were thoughtful.
There are many ways of celebrating the arrival of a new baby but while some of the rituals may be vastly different from those in one culture to another. Societies and regions are known to have followed a particular family tradition or practices as per their religious faith; one common thing is that the birth of a child is a joyous occasion for all.
To Know More: About Breastfeeding Postures for new Moms
Must read – What are the twin pregnancy symptoms and early signs? .
Want to consult a doctor right now? Book Online Consultation with the best Pediatricians in India